BCMSN compared to BSCI

Unanswered Question
Jun 9th, 2008

For those who took and passed these two...

How hard is BCMSN compared to BSCI?

Is it at the same level? BSCI was a hard one if you ask me. The material on BCMSN seems lighter.

Any tips for the exam takers? (BCMSN) Also, what is the passing score for this one.

Many thanks in advance,

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
jrensink78 Tue, 06/10/2008 - 07:00

I just passed my BCMSN last week and the BSCI a few months ago.

I found the BSCI to be harder. From a material standpoint, it felt like I had to learn a lot more in relation to the BCMSN. But that may just be due to my job covering more of the BCMSN topics than it does the BSCI topics.

In terms of tips, I would just read both of the Cisco Press books and get some hands on practice with some switches. That go me by just fine.

montanabluetwo Sat, 06/14/2008 - 14:53

I've taken both and failed both the first time. I would recommend for the BCMSN that you use both the Cisco Press Certification Guide and the Self-Study guide. I just used the Self-Study guide and got hammered in some areas on the BCMSN. They're both equally tough exams, IMHO.

jlhainy Thu, 06/19/2008 - 13:53

The harder test is the one that you are the least familiar with. I deal with switching every day so the BCMSN was easier, although I did learn some new stuff and was excited to apply it to my job.

brianjpisa Fri, 06/20/2008 - 08:47

I though the BCMSN was alot easier than BSCI and I mostly work with routers. BSCI is the only one I failed of all 4 tests for the CCNP. From the hardest to easiest in my opinion is: BSCI, ISCW (due to lack of study material), BCMSN, ONT

This Discussion