cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DFM Questions

GERARD PUOPLO
Level 1
Level 1

1. When I try to launch the command line SMARTS tool dmctl and attach to DFM it prompts me for a DFM user id and password. What is it looking for here ?

2. In LMS 3.0.1 and whatever DFM version the corresponds to that, is there a way now to disable IPstatus polling and events on interfaces and have DFM only use SNMP polling for IFDown events ? An earlier posts here mentioned there was a way to do this.

3. The SMARTS trap notifier adapter has artibutes you can specify like smoothing and delay interval that I like to use to have DFM send traps to CIC. Can I simply start the trap notifier script with a modified conf file and have it send my traps out to CIC and bypass the DFM Gui set for notifications entirely ?

Thx

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You cannot script or configure NOSServer to do smoothing.

You can filter on Reachability events if you want to notify on when a device becomes unreachable.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1. Typically, this is admin/admin, but you can get the values from NMSROOT/objects/smarts/conf/clientConnect.conf.

2. This can be done in the Detailed Device View. Go to DFM > Device Management > Device Details. You can specifically unmanage IP addresses from there. You will not be able to unmanage the IP address by which you've added the device to DFM.

3. No. This script isn't used anymore by DFM. We use our own notification tool now which is built into the NOSServer. Those settings are not applicable to this new notification system.

Thank you. As always you are quick, prompt and knowledgeable. admin/admin worked on dmtcl.

Is there any way to modify the NOSServer notification tool with a hook script or something ?

Is there no way to specify a delay interval and smoothing interval anymore on notifications ?

Is there no way to set up an notification group that filters or IPStatus events ?

Thx

thx

You cannot script or configure NOSServer to do smoothing.

You can filter on Reachability events if you want to notify on when a device becomes unreachable.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: