Views
Helpful
Replies

Device Unrecognized

shahkamrah
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

We have 4, 7600 series routers, and 2 of then are detected properly and 2 seems to be unknown,

-2 are connected in the local LAN

-2 are connected to these routers over WAN link (STM).

- In the local 7600 there is a STM card which seems to be unrecognised

-this is the reason the remote router are aslo not detected properly.

Please find the sh tech of the devices

Please find the screen shorts of the problem attached.

Can we get the device pakage for the same.

sh tech on 10 june lucknow-1.txt is the one which is local and STM is not detected.

sh tech 10 june knp Router1.txt is the one in the remote location.

12 Replies 12

shahkamrah
Level 1
Level 1

Please post suggestions..

SPA-1XCHSTM1/OC3 is the exact module which is unrecognized and WAN router are connected to the same.Let me if there is any pakage for the same.

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What is the sysObjectID from the two routers which are not detected properly? What version of the Cat6000IOS CiscoView package do you have loaded?

Hi, I checked on the following link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/application_networking_manager/1.2/device_support/table/sdt.html

Router 7609 has sysobjectid 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.509

I have to check the CiscoView Package installed.Will update the same however the cisco view version is 6.1.7

Yes, a 7609 has the sysObjectID 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.509, but what is YOUR 7609's sysObjectID? You may have 7609-S devices which means you will need to be on LMS 3.0.1 with the latest device packages.

Hi,

cisco CISCO7609 (R7000) processor (revision 1.2) with 458720K/65536K bytes of memory

it get recognized but STM card is not recognised.All reports get generated

object id 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.509

cisco CISCO7609-S (M8500) processor (revision 1.0) with 851968K/65536K bytes of memory.data collection takes place but not reports are generated,

object id 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.835

How should i proceed..in the attach sheet it says cisco view does not support the STM card.However i am not concerned about the view ,i need the reports of the remote unrecognized device.

I appreciate your help.

You need to download the LMS 3.0.1 update from http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/lms301, then apply the latest Device Updates from Common Services > Software Center > Device Update and Common Services > Software Center > Software Update. After that, you will have 7600-S support.

i have already updated the ppl to do the updation.thanks for the sugestion.

I have one more question, I there a way we can have the daily reports for the port utilisation of the network devices.

Once you install LMS 3.0.1, you will be prompted if you want to install an evaluation copy of Health and Utilization Monitor. If you do this, you can use HUM to generate daily utilization reports. The eval is good for 90 days.

Hi,

We have upgraged the LMS to 3.0.1 but still we are not able to recognize the 7609 s on the remote site.

7609 router----------7609 S

They are connected through the STM card..

Please check the file attached..

I assume you missed an essential step jclarke mentioned:

[...]

then apply the latest Device Updates from Common Services > Software Center > Device Update and Common Services > Software Center > Software Update

[...]

You have updated LMS to version 3.0.1, but you still need to update (at least) the device packages through the above mentioned step!

I allways update the devicve package for each application in individual steps to have a better control (what gets updated and if it was successfull) but then you need to take care of the sequence:

- first update device packages for Common Services (CS)

- then for Resource Manager (RME)

- then CiscoView (CV)

for RME and CV the sequence is not essential but CV usually tooks the most time to complete so I do it as the very last step of an installation.

after that, download and install the software updates for CM (CM 5.0.3) and DFM (DFM 3.0.3) as jclarke mentioned.

When you have completed these steps, test the support for your cisco7906 again and report the result.

Got it working..

Thanks ..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco