Views
Helpful
Replies

DSN - Success notifications

stevenhands
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm in the process of setting up a C350 for the first time, and can't seem to get delivery success notifications to work. I can only find options for soft/hard bounces (which are working) but can't find any options for success notifications. Our old system (Mailsweeper v4.3) was able to generate these.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Steve.

ASync OS version 6.1.0-306

1 Reply 1

kluu_ironport
Level 2
Level 2

Is positive DSN supported in the IronPort Appliance?

DSN stands for "Delivery Status Notification". Positive DSN is a standard notification method that is used by the receiving mail server to notify the sender that the message they sent was sucessfully received.

The IronPort appliance does not support positive DSN based on the following reason. It makes the IronPort appliance vulnerable to Directory Harvest Attack by spammers.

Microsoft Outlook has the option to track delivery from Exchange to the Ironport appliance. From Outlook, go to [Options > Email Options > Preferences > Tracking Options > Delivery receipt]

Hi,

I'm in the process of setting up a C350 for the first time, and can't seem to get delivery success notifications to work. I can only find options for soft/hard bounces (which are working) but can't find any options for success notifications. Our old system (Mailsweeper v4.3) was able to generate these.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Steve.

ASync OS version 6.1.0-306