Views
Helpful
Replies

User specific PCF files

matthewscott83
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm looking for a solution for deploying one PCF file per user. The reason I want to do so is because each user will authenticate against the VPN using a unique certificate on a personal SmartCard. I would like to save hassle for the users by giving them a personalised PCF file each.

My initial thought was to have each user's PCF file in their Windows profile, and redirect the VPN client to that path, but it appears that this is not possible.

Using a generic logon to the VPN is not acceptable because connections will be audited and tracked on a per user basis.

Thanks,

Matt

2 Replies 2

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

Each user requires a unique configuration file. Use Notepad or another ASCII text editor to create and edit each file. Save as a text-only file with no formatting.

Refer the following url for more information:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/vpn_client/cisco_vpn_client/vpn_client46/administration/guide/vcAch2.html#wp1155033

m185945
Level 1
Level 1

Matt,

Did you ever learn a solution?  We have a similar need.  If a user has a working VPN and loans his laptop to a co-worker then the .pcf gets correctly modified with the user id of the co-worker.  However, once the co-worker returns the laptop to the original owner then the .pcf does not get modified back with the user id of the original owner.  Instead, the .pcf still reflects the user id of the co-worker.  Like you, I would like to see the .pcf stored in the Windows profile where it could not be touched by another user loggin on.

Thanks,

Keith

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card