Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7921G can not associate with any Access Points

r.barba
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Friends.

I have a big solutions of IP telephony with Cisco IP Phones 7920 and 7921G, the 7920 are working perfect, but the 7921G are not???, I configured the 7921G, but the profile appears like INACTIVE??, I tried a lot of times to put the profile enable but it continues INACTIVE??, and the 7921G can not make a link with the Access Point Cisco 1131G, into the 7921G screen appears Connection failed??. All the 7920 IP phones are authenticates with Access Points in order to connect with its Call Manager. But 7921G does not work properly Could you help me. So I tried with the default profile with profile 1" and SSID "cisco" and use open authentication, but notihig happend.

I have accessed by web interface by USB connection but the profile that I am using appear like the picture that I am sending you?. How can I fix this issue??

Best regards

Rafael Barba

4 Replies 4

Not applicable

On the phone try the security mode with PEAP selected along with the username and password and/or also try it with AKM selected with the username and password and see if it makes any difference.....(since these are the only 2 ways to configure it on the phone)

Hi:

I have the same problem, I tried to connect with and without authentication, but it does not work.

Change between short and long preamble, which helps occasions when you can not connect to an AP.

Hi Could you try thios command into the interface radio0.

#interface Dot11Radio0

world-mode dot11d country US both

I think that with it the phones works fine.

regards

Rafael Barba

Solved, Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: