cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity options menu call handlers and IP phone mailboxes

carlnewton
Level 3
Level 3

I am looking to implement a solution whereby the following call flow is acheived:

Call in number defined as DN, call forward all to voicemail.

This mailbox has 6 options for user input, each pointed at a different extension.

Users extensions have a "forward all to voicemail" which if reached, allows callers to leave a message.

The problem i have is that unity 4.0 looks at the first redirected number to select a mailbox. Which in this case, is the number of the "options menu"

So if the call does go to the end users phone and is not answered, it will revert back to the options menu as unity will be looking at the first redirected number, and not the last.

Is there any way to acheive the functionality i require?

Thanks in advance for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, this setting is system wide.

Brandon

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This can be configured using the Advanced Settings Tool found in the Unity Tools Depot on your Unity server. There is a setting called "Conversation - Route by last redirecting ID". If you set this to 1, Unity will route based on the last redirecting ID.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Yes, thankyou - that is very helpful. However, this is a system-wide parameter is it not?

I'm not sure it'll be so easy as that - but certainly much easier than installing unity 5!

It would be great if you could respond with comments re: if its system wide or not.

Thanks

Yes, this setting is system wide.

Brandon

Hi,

Ive had a look on the unity server and that setting does not appear?

Thanks

Carl

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Carl,

Sadly this cannot be changed until Unity 5.x (the ability to choose "Last Redirecting Number" in not available in any other Unity version) For your Transfer setting are you using "Release to Switch?;

Here are the Unity 5.0 release notes;

Route Forwarded Calls by the First or Last Redirecting Number

Cisco Unity supports the option of routing calls based on either the first or last redirecting number when a call is forwarded to Cisco Unity.

Note the following:

This option requires Cisco Unity-CM TSP 8.1(2) or later.

This option is not supported by integrations through PIMG units.

This option can be changed through the Advanced Settings Tool (AST), which is available in Tools Depot.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/release/notes/501curelnotes.html#wp507371

Call Information Exchanged by the Phone System and Cisco Unity

The phone system and Cisco Unity exchange call information to manage calls and to make the integration features possible. With each call, the following call information is typically passed between the phone system and Cisco Unity:

•The extension of the called party.

•The extension of the calling party (for internal calls) or the phone number of the calling party (if it is an external call and the phone system supports caller ID).

•The reason for the forward (the extension is busy, does not answer, or is set to forward all calls). There is also a reason code for Direct Calls.

Cisco Unified Communications Manager SCCP and SIP trunk integrations can also provide the following call information (the choice of first and last redirecting number is set in the Advanced Settings Tool, which is available in Tools Depot):

•Called number

•First redirecting number

•Last redirecting number

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note Cisco Unity can use either the first redirecting number or last redirecting number, depending on the setting in the Advanced Settings Tool, which is available in Tools Depot.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/design/guide/5xcudg060.html#wp1040786

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks very much for your swift response!

I have not put the solution in place yet, but i would be using release to switch yes.

Thanks

Carl

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: