cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

network issues

carl_townshend
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi all, Im having an headache at the moment with one of my sites, they use think clients that connect via citrix to my head office, the issue is we get users who keep getting kicked out, say 3 to four at once, but its not all people on site. I have checked the routers, pinged the routers etc and there are no drops, the clients get dhcp addresses over the wan also. I have checked all the ports for errors etc, they are all ok. Where should I be looking?

please help

4 Replies 4

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

Check the citrix server farm

Pravin Phadte
Level 5
Level 5

Is all the clients that are getting kicked off getting ip address from dhcp ?

Since i feel you have check most of the stuff theres one this which i feel may be creating the problem.

DHCP what is the lease for the config are the clients falling short of the ip address.

also it can be a possiblty that some one may have configured a static ip on the laptop or the machine which can create this kind of problem.

You need to check the dhcp first.

2nd thing i would have verified would be the bandwidth of the link.

Lets us know..

Regrads,

Pravin

Hi there, thanks for the reply

ok, I have checked the dhcp server, that is fine, there are 254 addresses to lease out only 50 are used, the lease time is 8 days on it.

The citrx server farm appears all ok as no one on the site at the head office is getting kicked off, its just the remote site. I have monitoring set up on the links and they are always up.

All the clients there get addresses from DHCP.

The bandwidth of the link appears all ok.

any else I can check guys?

check the citrix server/farm!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card