Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC doesn't go to Desk phone mode but is fine in softphone mode

feisalb
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All

My customer has a problem with some users that can enter soft phone mode on CUPC but not desk phone mode. On the cupc server health the DESK Phone says "Not Connected Stopped".

The weird thing is that it works for others but for new deployments it doesn't.

I had upgraded presence to 6.0.3 from 6.0.2 and we thought this might be the issue so we reverted back to 6.0.2.

The cucm version is 6.0.1.2121-2.

I have followed the deployment guide

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cupc/1_1/english/installation/guide/prep.html#wp1049841

And the cupc troubleshooting guide

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note0

9186a00808a2b0d.shtml#topic3

They have plenty of licenses spare.

Any help / advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Feisal

6 Replies 6

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What does your "Troubleshooter" say on the CUP server?

Its all good (green) because there are cupc user that can enter both modes. Customer is reporting that after the upgrade new provisions could not connect via desk phone mode but could do so in softphone mode.

I have reverted back to 6.0.2 Presence.

Thanks

Feisal

So it sounds like it was working before the upgrade. Basically when you have a phone that is not connecting, you have a CTI issue with SIP. SIP messages between CUCM and CUPS are being sent/recieved about the status of the line that is being controlled.

The CTI is what controls the phone from the CUPS server. In the CUPC profile, make sure the person has control of the correct MAC address device they are requesting control of.

On CUCM, make sure the account being used is associated with the line they are requesting to control. so if jdoe signs into CUPC, then jdoe account in CUCM needs to be assigned the line that device associated.

Also, SUBSCRIBE calling search space needs to be selected on the line. or presence (On/off)hook will not work.

I would also restart the presence server. Sounds like something could be stuck. SIP appears to be working because your SIP phone (softphone) is working in CUPC.

It looks like it wasn't an upgrade problem but a database replication problem between the pub and the sub. Soft phone cti manager was the pub and the desk phone cti manager for the new devices was the sub. According to what the customer reported

I have a feeling that the some of the CUPS services need to have some sort of DNS entry in for SIP Proxies, etc. I have not confirmed this, but seems to point to this. Everything seems to work fine for the Primary server, but if the secondary server is only, it bombs out.

Hi to all, I'm having more or less the same problem but in my case the users can change the with out problem the phone mode (soft phone and desk phone). But when tue user try to do a call from the UPC in desk phone mode, the call neves is completed becouse the phone never received the digits and never dial.

I did the checkup mentioned in the troubleshooting CUPS and CUPC and all is O.K. over the server CUCM and CUPS and the configuration of the CUPC.

Do you have any other recommendation to troublrshhot this issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: