cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Replacing a WLC

rluyster
Level 1
Level 1

I have a WLC that I need to replace with one that supports more APs. I have configured the new controller identically to the one I am replacing. When I put it into the network only 9 of the 12 APs connected, and all of the radios were showing down. Any thoughts on what I may have missed.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to enable the radios on the wlc. If you go to wireless | 802.11a/n or 802.11b/g/n, there is a setting to globally enable the radio.

Is the other 3 ap's still on the other wlc?

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to enable the radios on the wlc. If you go to wireless | 802.11a/n or 802.11b/g/n, there is a setting to globally enable the radio.

Is the other 3 ap's still on the other wlc?

-Scott

I will check to make sure the radios are enabled. When I first attempted this, I took down the wlc the APs registered with and replaced it, so there is only 1 wlc in the network at any given time.

the remaining APs that would not register all had self signed certs, I had to add them to the AP policy.

Okay... so they are up and running now?

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card