How to gather VPN user statistics from ASA-5510?

Unanswered Question
Jun 10th, 2008

I have a single ASA-5510 in service and have migrated to this from Win PPTP. I would like to get an idea of how many users have switched over so I can report these findings. I have been going through the syslog file manually, but I am hoping there is a smarter way to do this. I have done a few searches on a few forums and come up with nothing. CiscoWorks is not an option currently.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks!

-Jacob

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
jpthomsen Tue, 06/10/2008 - 15:17

Hey Farrukh,

Thank you for your reply. I frequently use "show vpn-sessiondb remote" to see currently connected users however I am looking to see which unique users have ever logged into the system over time.

Purpose: We recently implemented this VPN service and would like to check and see who has moved themselves over. I can get this info from syslog and manually get the info out of the file, however this is time consuming. I was hoping there would be a way to simply see which users had touched the system.

Thanks,

Jacob

Farrukh Haroon Tue, 06/10/2008 - 23:24

Jacob, I don't think this will be possible without using any manual process, scripting (or queries on Syslog) or some management suite (albeit a trial version of CSM etc.)

Regards

Farrukh

Actions

This Discussion