cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to gather VPN user statistics from ASA-5510?

jpthomsen
Level 1
Level 1

I have a single ASA-5510 in service and have migrated to this from Win PPTP. I would like to get an idea of how many users have switched over so I can report these findings. I have been going through the syslog file manually, but I am hoping there is a smarter way to do this. I have done a few searches on a few forums and come up with nothing. CiscoWorks is not an option currently.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks!

-Jacob

3 Replies 3

Farrukh Haroon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Did you check the show vpn-sessiondb commands ant its variations:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa72/command/reference/s7_72.html#wp1135352

Regards

Farrukh

Hey Farrukh,

Thank you for your reply. I frequently use "show vpn-sessiondb remote" to see currently connected users however I am looking to see which unique users have ever logged into the system over time.

Purpose: We recently implemented this VPN service and would like to check and see who has moved themselves over. I can get this info from syslog and manually get the info out of the file, however this is time consuming. I was hoping there would be a way to simply see which users had touched the system.

Thanks,

Jacob

Jacob, I don't think this will be possible without using any manual process, scripting (or queries on Syslog) or some management suite (albeit a trial version of CSM etc.)

Regards

Farrukh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: