cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can you mask or change internal domain name on outbound

klose_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

How can you configure the C150 ironport to change the internal domain name on outbound messages.
The system sending the email (a legacy system) is disclosing its internal dns name and IP, and putting it in the header; this is a security risk.

3 Replies 3

kluu_ironport
Level 2
Level 2

This SupportPortal KB article may help,

How can I prevent my backend infrastructure from being exposed in outbound messages?

http://tinyurl.com/ydocdh

How can you configure the C150 ironport to change the internal domain name on outbound messages. 
The system sending the email (a legacy system) is disclosing its internal dns name and IP, and putting it in the header; this is a security risk.

klose_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

This is good informaiton, however, does it apply when you have only one listener set up on the interface?

I don't want to interupt inbound email by modifing the single listener.

kluu_ironport
Level 2
Level 2

If you only have one listener, then removing the "Received" headers would apply to all inbound and outbound traffic.

If you had an inbound and outbound listener, then you could isolate it to one to the private/outbound listener only.

This is good informaiton, however, does it apply when you have only one listener set up on the interface?

I don't want to interupt inbound email by modifing the single listener.