cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSC SSM Reporting and User Identification

mark.wood
Level 1
Level 1

We are considering implementing the CSC SSM on our ASA 5520 to filter web traffic. I do have two questions:

1. Is it possible to report on user Internet access, so that we can see what individual users are doing?

2. Can it integrate into Active Directory, so that users do not manually authenticate to the SSM?

Many thanks for your time

Mark

3 Replies 3

hadbou
Level 5
Level 5

If you enable CLI authentication, the security appliance prompts you for your username and password to log in. After you enter your information, you have access to user EXEC mode. If you do not use enable authentication, after you enter the enable command, you are no longer logged in as a particular user. To maintain your username, use enable authentication.

chris unger
Level 1
Level 1

did you ever get an answer that applies to your questions?  I have the same questions

Panos Kampanakis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1. CSC will generate logs for pages visited, blocked etc. Now generating reprots it can shows you these logs or s

end them to a syslog server and you can write scripts to parse the,. Cisco MARS will also integrate with the CSC and will generate reports on its logs.

2.CSC SW version 6.3 integrates with AD. It can have multiple policies for page blocking and filtering according to user id in AD and a default policy for the rest. The CSC will not prompt the user for authentication in any case. It allow or blocks him according to policies that is has and AD integrations makes the CSC capable of having different policies for different AD users.

I hope it helps.

PK