H.450 : package callsetup Vs supplementary-service h450.12

Unanswered Question
Jun 11th, 2008

On a Voice Gateway, to enable H.323 path replacement (optimum routing) for call transfers, there seem to be 2 methods

1. Specify paramspace callsetup mode {redirect | redirect-at-alert | redirect-at-connect |

redirect-rotary | rotary}

2. Use the "supplementary-services" command in dial-peers

Can someone please shed light on what are the diferences between the two ?

From the doc, it seems that if the TCL params would take precedence over the gateway config.

But other than that, if I want to use a single method globally is there any difference in using one over the other ?

BTW, I am not talking about the gateway also acting as a CME system.

Its a pure voice gateway that has VXML / TCL scripts running that initiate call transfers back to the H.323 gateway from which the initial call originated.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 06/17/2008 - 10:56

H.450.12, Common Information Additional Network Feature for H.323. A means to communicate additional miscellaneous information between endpoints. E.g. whether certain features are available, and/or allowed.

shahedvoicerite Tue, 06/17/2008 - 11:19

Sorry, I ment H.450.2 in my message.

As I understand it, this would enable H.450.2 transfers, instead of hair-pins for that dial-peer.

The call package setup params would also do similar, so I am wondering what the difference (if any) is there in the two methods.

This Discussion