Views
Helpful
Replies

H.450 : package callsetup Vs supplementary-service h450.12

shahedvoicerite
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

On a Voice Gateway, to enable H.323 path replacement (optimum routing) for call transfers, there seem to be 2 methods

1. Specify paramspace callsetup mode {redirect | redirect-at-alert | redirect-at-connect |

redirect-rotary | rotary}

Or

2. Use the "supplementary-services" command in dial-peers

Can someone please shed light on what are the diferences between the two ?

From the doc, it seems that if the TCL params would take precedence over the gateway config.

But other than that, if I want to use a single method globally is there any difference in using one over the other ?

BTW, I am not talking about the gateway also acting as a CME system.

Its a pure voice gateway that has VXML / TCL scripts running that initiate call transfers back to the H.323 gateway from which the initial call originated.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

H.450.12, Common Information Additional Network Feature for H.323. A means to communicate additional miscellaneous information between endpoints. E.g. whether certain features are available, and/or allowed.

Sorry, I ment H.450.2 in my message.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3t/voice/command/reference/vrht_s12_ps5207_TSD_Products_Command_Reference_Chapter.html#wp1149063

As I understand it, this would enable H.450.2 transfers, instead of hair-pins for that dial-peer.

The call package setup params would also do similar, so I am wondering what the difference (if any) is there in the two methods.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: