Unified Mobility questions

Unanswered Question
Jun 11th, 2008

Hello all,

I have question about the mobility feature in CCM 6.1. I tried to configure it only for test in my lab but couldn't make it work. The thing that confuses me is how do I upload my Remote destination profile into my desktop phone? Or did I get it wrong? I expected it to be similar to extension mobility but it seems it isn't.

So let's say I have phone A and phone B. Phone A is my desktop phone, while B is remote destination (although it is for lab purposes also IP phone).

I created user,

checked mobility features,

created profile,

profile's DN (is this the DN that should be on my desktop (A) phone?),

created remote destination,

access list,

added profile to the user and user to the profile,

checked association information in remote destination information page

added softbutton mobility

started the service and made all the arrangements on service parameters

What I don't get is how my A phone should be aware of the profile I created. How do I log in? Or do whatever I have to do?

Thanks for any kind of response...

regards,

Goran

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Tim Smith Thu, 06/12/2008 - 03:48

Hi Goran,

The mobility in 6.1 you are referring to is Mobile Connect.

It may have previously been known as, and is known in other systems as Single Number Reach.

The idea is you have a primary IP phone on your desk at work with 1 number, and say a Unity voicemail account.

Then I can configure my mobile phone, or home phone number or both as a remote destination profile.

When someone rings my main 1 single number, it can be configured to ring on all 3 destinations.

So you have 1 single phone number, and you can pick it up on any of those destinations.

You can even answer the call on your mobile, and then pick it up on your desk phone.

That is the very basic, but it actually does a lot more than that.

Suggest you check it out in the CUCM 6.x SRND

www.cisco.com/go/srnd

Cheers,

Tim

goranpilat Thu, 06/12/2008 - 07:15

Hi Tim!

I know more or less what it does. I just don't know how to connect Remote device profile to this first phone. RDP is set, remote destination number also... The thing is that I dont know how to make the first phone aware of the profile...

Hope I am not completely on the wrong track here..

Regards,

Goran

Tim Smith Thu, 06/12/2008 - 07:44

Hi Goran,

It's based on the line.. not the phone..

Have you got the phones line added to the remote destination profile?

Cheers,

Tim

goranpilat Thu, 06/12/2008 - 23:15

Hi Tim!

Thanks for the useful reply. I have shared line (ext 1000), shared between IP phone and Rem.Dest.Prof, which sees remote destination. However, as my remote destination is also IP phone (ext 1002), I can't make it ring when I call 1000. On 1000 I have mobility button which, when pressed, says "mobileconnect on". User is configured so that it controls Rem.Dest.Prof. Seems that CM doesn't know that Rem.Dest.Prof's 1002 is the same as IP phone's 1002.... I don't know...

thanks anyway,

Goran

Tim Smith Thu, 06/12/2008 - 23:25

Hi Goran,

I know an IP phone on the same cluster is not supported as a remote destination...

Maybe you could try just a PSTN / mobile number first to get it working?

Or even maybe the DDI of the IP phone if it has one?

I'm not 100% clear on the last bit you mention below..

Not sure what you mean by: Seems that CM doesn't know that Rem.Dest.Prof's 1002 is the same as IP phone's 1002.... I don't know...

You should have:

PHONE A - DN 1000

REMOTE DEST PROFILE - DN 1000

REMOTE DESTINATION (assigned to the profile above) - This now is 1002 (PHONE B) but I think you should try an external number - mobile or PSTN

1002 doesnt need any REMOTE DEST PROFILE

Cheers,

Tim

goranpilat Mon, 06/16/2008 - 03:14

Hello Tim!

Here's a 5er for you. Really it seems that anything can be remote destination device except local DN. So when I installed GW and added my cellphone as RDD, it worked from the first try.

thatnks a lot,

Goran

Tim Smith Mon, 06/16/2008 - 03:40

Hey..

No probs! glad you got it going...

I remember it took a bit to get my head around it at first...

It wasnt exactly a straight forward flowing process! :)

Cool features though...

Cheers,

Tim

goranpilat Mon, 06/16/2008 - 07:41

Hey Tim,

Another problem came up, any idea maybe....

This mobility worked fine, I tried the handover from cellphone to desktop IP phone and it worked fine. Than I turned the CCM off in order to move it, and as I plugged everything back again, this resume started acting strange. At first I thought it didn't work at all but than I relized I works with 30 second delay (when I hang up the cellphone it takes 30 seconds for resume to appear on IP phone and lasts about 2 secs, when I can do the resume..). This drives me crazy since it worked before I shut it down,,,,

any idea?

thanks a lot

Tim Smith Mon, 06/16/2008 - 08:03

Hmmm... that is strange..

Is everything else running fine on the CallManager?

Have you shut down and restarted again?

It doesnt really sound like a config prob..

Cheers,

Tim

goranpilat Wed, 07/02/2008 - 22:04

I opened TAC and got this back :

"The Progress Indicator informs the gateway that there is audio in the disconnect so that is why the gateway was not tearing down the call.

Please add the following command to your gateway:

voice call disc-pi-off"

Worked with me,

Best regards

Goran Pilat

Actions

This Discussion