Views
Helpful
Replies

Passing ANI & DNIS on from AS5350XM

Almartin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am looking to use the AS5350xm to answer i/c PSTN / ISDN data calls. Is there anyway I can capture and forward the ANI & DNIS information over either IP ot XOT for remote archive purposes?

15 Replies 15

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you use radius a recommended, the information will be kept in the radius database itself.

There are also the logs in the router itself that you can use.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

I was hoping to be able to pass this information on in the data for processing at a stage beyond the AS5350XM. Is this not possible?

Yes, as mentioned above, the radius server itself, or a syslog server.

I dont think I am making myself clear, sorry.

I need to be able to answer the calls, terminate them on a digital modem if necessary and set up a session, eithet TCP or XOT, to a third party, over which I can include the ANI & DNIS.

Hi, neither TCP nor XOT have provisions for carrying telephone numbers in the protocol.

However if you configure e.g. radius accounting to be sent the third party, the numbers will be set "out-of-band" simultaneously with the actual session.

Is there no way that I can pull the ANI & DNIS from the PRI area of the Cisco and put it into the CUD in a XOT call request?

No. You can set CUD statically, but not with the telephone numbers. Beside, the first 4 bytes of CUD are reserved for protocol ID.

Could I use Fast Select to increase the CUD size to 128?

The matter is that ASAIK, there is no provision in IOS to put anything in the CUD beside static strings.

Thanks very much for your time... Looks like I will have to look for something other than Cisco.

Thanks again

No problem. With the cisco, what you can do is configure radius so that different commands (including X.25 addresses and CUDs) are executed depending the ANI/DNIS.

Let us know if you find an alternative.

I have been looking at the Netkit Nevada. I have been told that it will take these values and pass them on using XOT. I would have preferred Cisco though......pity

Actually I think if you was to use the radius server to generate and send to router the autocommand string when the user dials in, you would be able to build the CUD string and achieve what you want.

I don't have ever tried that, but I don't see why it should not work.

That sounds good, the only problenm is that I have little or no experience in that area. Can you give me any pointers to where I can get more info....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: