Views
Helpful
Replies

CCIP vs CCNP - Market Values

guruprasadr
Level 7
Level 7

Hello Experts,

Can you please advice on the Market Value current & future for CCIP vs CCNP.

CCIP composed of:

1. BGP

2. MPLS

3. QOS

4. Routing

CCNP Composed of:

1. Routing

2. Switching

2. ISCW

4. ONT

CCIP vs CCNP:

=============

In CCIP, BGP & MPLS are Unique Technology and in a case if any NEW Technology overrides the same means the Certification of CCIP go useless.

Nevertheless in CCNP, the Routing & Switching are Common Technology and will live unless & until the Router & Swiches exists in the World.

In this case, lets forget about QOS, ISCW & ONT papers of each learning-map.

I would like to know, what will be the Market Value for CCIP vs CCNP @ current as well as about Future. Since already i am pursing for CCIP Certification.

Sorry about the silly POST.

Thanks in Advance for your Replies.

Best Regards,

Guru Prasad R

2 Replies 2

shiva_ial
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guru,

CCIP would be best choice because i hope networking guy should have better understanding on BGP & MPLS,since most of the service providers gone with it and it was not covered under CCNP in detail

added to

QOS is covered as same with CCNP

I feel the difference with CCIP and CCNP would be VPN Topic covered in CCNP and in CCIP which was not.

rate if it helps

rgds/shiva

sirdudesly
Level 2
Level 2

I think it's more down to where you want to work, CCNP seems more about dealing with a medium size offices network and CCIP seems more targeted towards people interested in working with WAN technologies at service providors etc.

I don't think that the new technology overrides it at all either, look at how similar configuring things for even the lowliest of low devices is still relevent to the rolls royce's of networks.

With that said I think it's very much down to personal preference and where you prefer to be working.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card