cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC500 - how to enable wifi and add 7921g

acomiskey
Level 10
Level 10

Just starting out here with a uc520. I have been unable to enable the built in wifi. I am also attempting to enable wep through the configuration assistant. If I add it, save it, close the window and go back, the security configuration is missing and it says "No security" again. Any tricks to get the wifi enabled?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Indeed it appears to be a wireless P/N, but the radio interface is missing in the configuration.

I don't have an UC5200 to compare, but something seems strange. Suggest you contact TAC as you might need an RMA, even if just a board inside got loose, you may not want to open it due to warranty issues.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, unfortunately the graphic interface is riddled with bugs an limitations that prevent professional and comprehensive configuration.

So you will have to use CLI and send here the configuration parts for which you have a problem.

It's pretty much out of the box. Here's the config.

Can you send "show diag" ?

Seems to me your UC520 is of the type without wireless interface, something that must be originally ordered and cannot be upgraded.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Hmm. It has a wireless antenna.

Indeed it appears to be a wireless P/N, but the radio interface is missing in the configuration.

I don't have an UC5200 to compare, but something seems strange. Suggest you contact TAC as you might need an RMA, even if just a board inside got loose, you may not want to open it due to warranty issues.

Internal antenna connection was not connected to wlan card. Reconnected but still not seeing any other interface for wlan.

Can't help, I have no box to compare. But it looks like your unit either has took a shock, or was poorly assembled from factory.

Thanks for the appreciation and good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: