Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN client for windows with concurrent routes

albert_coll
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am not knowledgeable on the Cisco VPN client for Windows, so i would really appreciate any comment about that:

I have some small remote offices connected through a variety of wan technologies, whose Windows workstations should keep accessing all internal resources, but a VPN client should be installed to connect to a VPN concentrator located in an extranet, with a NMS for management purposes.

My question is:

If I install a VPN Concentrator to connect with Cisco VPN Client for windows in every workstation, can I setup the client so that the workstation maintains its default route to the rest of the network pointing to the branch Ethernet router as they do today, while defining a specific static route for the management station pointing to the Cisco VPN client interface?

Despite of reading the documentation i am not sure of being able to accomplish that.

Kind regards.

Albert.

2 Replies 2

noran01
Level 3
Level 3

Yes, you would be enabling the 'split-tunnel' feature on the concentrator. This will allow vpn client users to only use the built tunnel to access what you defined as 'internal' networks, while their default router and access to their local network resources remains intact.

Thank you four your valuable reply.

The split tunneling feature is inteded exactly to satisfy this problem.

Kind regards.

Albert.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: