Views
Helpful
Replies

solution for CSCsm17268

770801tvdhaar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I'm affected by bug # CSCsm17268

Anyone know anything new about this problem, I now have only one ACE context active and the other is in STANBY_COLD.

"In a redundant configuration, when you add a single line to an existing config (for example, Admin(config)# snmp community public ro) and the ACE performs a subsequent incremental synchronization, the snmp community command appears in the running-config on the peer, but the process seems to cause an internal failure, that makes the peer transition to the STANDBY_COLD state. The running-config sync status is reported as Peer in Cold State. Incremental Sync Failure: snmp config sync to sby failed. Workaround: If possible, avoid the use of the snmp command while this behavior is under investigation"

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

I would suggest that the way to recover would be to remove the SNMP command from the master. That may be enough. If not, then you need to cycle autosync on the master to get a bulk sync to occur. I'm hopeful that will bring the backup back to hot_standby. bug is finally fixed in both 3.0(0)A2(1.0) and 3.0(0)A1(6.3b)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: