Views
Helpful
Replies

Automate IP PHone background deployment

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

All,

Are there tools out there that would change the default logo on a phone like 796x/797x without the user having to go and select the logo from User settings ? I have looked at this,

http://www.voipintegration.com/software.html

But i dont think this tool can do bulk updates.

Thoughts ??

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus
17 Replies 17

Michael Owuor
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Sankar,

I would suggest working with the folks at voipintegration.com to see if they could enhance their product to do the bulk updates. Also check out the products from other Solution Partners such as these to see if they can do it:

- Radianta

- LiteScape

- IPcelerate

Since this is a feature not presently available, you could also work with your Cisco Account team to submit a product enhancement request.

The Phone Personalization feature that is roadmapped for the 7.0 release is expected to allow end users to create and upload their background images and ringtones. It won't, however, provide an admin the ability to change the background in bulk.

Hope this helps a lil :-)

Regards,

Michael.

Michael,

Thanks for your feedback. We do partner with Litescape/IPCelerate. I dont see any background image deployment tools currently with their product list. I will check with Voip integration about the bulk portion.

Good to hear abt the Phone Personalization feature on 7.0

On another note, Cisco internally has such a large deployment of IP Phones. What do you guys use to change logos (When you guys did last year).

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Hi Sankar,

Drop me an email thsglobal@gmail.com

I'm investigating how to do it. If it's not too difficult I will write a script / tool.

Cheers,

Tim

Could you please post some information to the forum. I'm not asking you to post any scripts etc., just an outline of the method you chose to implement this.

Thanks.

Tim Smith
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Sankar,

I've figured it out.. :)

It isnt too difficult.

How many phones you looking to do at a time?

Cheers,

Tim

Hi Otim,

Any chance you could let me know how you`ve managed to deploy the image to a bulk of phones. I need to do this so it would be very useful. I`m on iptexpert@yahoo.co.uk also...thanks.

I would also like to know how to do this. If you could publish it here in this forum that would be great. Otherwise please send it to jtstrout@yahoo.com

Hi Tim,

I am also very interested in how to do this.

Thanks,

Shawn

I'm also interested in the script

florian.kroessbacher@gmx.at

thanx

Hi

Please send it to me also.

dhccoid@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks

Tim Smith
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Guys,

Have a check of the latest version of the voip integration tool...

I believe it should allow application to an entire cluster, a device pool or a single phone.

Cheers,

Tim

Tim,

I have looked at the latest version of the tool and it seems to be written back in '06. The application locks up and wont work.

Do you know of a better version of this tool? or can you send me a copy of the script to tfrazee@charter.net

I agree, the tool certainly didnn't work for me, and it certainly didn't work with CM6 either.

I just wanted to know how it worked because I tried the keyboard macro approach, but it is very flakey since you can't guarantee the order the keystrokes will occur, it was a bit hit and miss to be honest.

I wondered if the tool did it in a better way, so I emailed the author quite some time ago and never got a response, so I think we could safely assume any updates on this tool are unlikely...

Does anyone have this "script" that will allow this?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: