Views
Helpful
Replies

Softkey/Line question

dvanzee
Level 2
Level 2

Hello Everyone,

On my 7940 phone when I have a call on line 1 and a second call comes into my phone on line 2 I keep my soft key options "hold, transfer, etc" or my connected soft key template. However, I have a user who has a 7960 phone, when the user is on Line 1 and a second call comes into line 2 their connected soft key template goes away and she receives the ring in soft key template. My question is where do I change this feature so that the end users phone performs like mine, maintaining their original soft key template when a call comes in on the second line.

CM4.1.3sr5d

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Daniel,

It sounds like this setting is different :)

Try changing the System setting Auto-Line Select. With this Enabled the Display Focus (and Softkeys) always switch to the new incoming call. So if disabled the focus will stay on Call #1.

Also available on an individual phone via this setting;

Device>Phone>Phone Configuration>Product Specific Configuration>Auto Line Select>Disabled

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Does that user with 7960 have a custom softkey template ?

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Yes we both are. But we are using two different custom templates.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Daniel,

It sounds like this setting is different :)

Try changing the System setting Auto-Line Select. With this Enabled the Display Focus (and Softkeys) always switch to the new incoming call. So if disabled the focus will stay on Call #1.

Also available on an individual phone via this setting;

Device>Phone>Phone Configuration>Product Specific Configuration>Auto Line Select>Disabled

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

You are awesome!

Danny

Hi Danny,

That is crazy talk ;-) Glad to be of some small help though.

Take care,

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: