cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prompts and Scripts Location

brian-henry
Level 4
Level 4

I currently have IPCC 5.01 with CUCM 5.1.3.

I created folders in the directory structure on the server as well as the admin interface to reflect the various scripts to keep things seperate.

I usually just put them all under the default folder but wanted to try to keep things seperate for this customer.

If I have scripts under C:\Program Files\wfavvid\Scripts\user\default\Scripts\(HelpDesk, CustomerOrdering, etc..)

and the prompts located C:\Program Files\wfavvid\Prompts\user\en\(HelpDesk, CustomerOrdering, etc..)

Inside the script if either calling subflows within side it or prompts how do you structure it to go to the correct location? I also have a "Common" folder for the Holiday script so that all scripts can utilize the sme holiday schedule and the customer only has to update one file.

If I am not to clear on things, let me know and I can most likely post the script so that one may better understand.

4 Replies 4

smalkeric
Level 6
Level 6

The script that are active are in AppAdmin, Scripts, Manage Scripts. If you click on the name of the script that you want, it will open the current one being used. The scripts that are currently being used are uploaded into the repository. You can save them locally where you would like. I would recommend that they are saved with the Cisco scripts in c/program

files/wfavvid folder.

Thanks for the reply, but not even close to what I was asking or looking for but that could be my mistake if my message was not clearly presented.

Thanks!

if I'm understanding you correctly, you have your applications running prompts out of different prompt or doc directories.

if this is the case, you can pass in a variable into a script to re-use it over and over.

Example:

1) Under doc root, have directories called app1 and another app2

2) Under prompt root, have directories called app1 and another app2

3) In your scripts themselves, have a String variable that is a Paramter called "AppName".

4) Create a PROMPT variable called promptToPlay.

5) To use the prompts from different directory, set the promptToPlay = P[AppName + "\1001.wav"]

6) For doc's it is similar, except use a DOC variable called docFile and set it to DOC[AppName + "\filename"]

Hope that was what you were looking for.

Thanks,

Robert

I would recommane uploading all prompts and docuements to the repository, this way it's easy to reference these in the scripts, simply use the browse button, plus all of them get backup up and preserver during upgrades.

HTH,

Chris