cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

after installing vpn client, can no longer access device

bakatadi0
Level 1
Level 1

Before I installed the VPN Client on Windows XP Pro, I was able to connect to a certain device on my network (same subnet only). The device itself uses UDP ports 30655 and 30654 to discover and assign a TCP/IP address. Afterwards it uses the assigned ip and fixed port number 2000 as the remote address. The local port number used can be anywhere between 1024-5000, it connected on 4874. I was able to then talk to and control this device. After installing the VPN client, I can see and attempt to connect to the device, but it times out. I have not even configured the software. What appears to happen is that the device sends it's IP address out and does not get a response... somehow being blocked.

I was wondering what exactly happens after the VPN client is installed for it to cause this type of behavior even when no active VPN connections exist.

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Farrukh Haroon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Perhaps you 'enabled' the Stateful Firewall on the VPN client? Try to disable that.

Regards

Farrukh

Thanks for the advice. Actually as it turns out Cisco VPN Client changed my default MTU value to 1300. After changing the MTU value back to 1500, everything is running smoothly again. *&^%*^%*^!!!!!!!!

Thats great, thanks for updating all of us.

Regards

Farrukh