cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MARS Teamed/Bonded NICs

ryansylvia
Level 1
Level 1

Hi! I was wondering if there will be a future enhancement for MARS to bond/team the network interfaces? Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

gotcha, that's a good point and I never considered that angle. AFAIK, Cisco/MARS expects the interfaces to be on separate networks, so I would be surprised if that was even on the roadmap.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

mhellman
Level 7
Level 7

Are you having interface issues? IME, even on a 200, if you're receiving enough traffic to overwhelm the 1Gb interface, there's a pretty good chance that MARS will have stopped working by then anyway;-)

No interface issues to report.

I am trying to use bonded NICs for redundancy purposes. I would like to patch my MARS 200 NICs in to a stacked 3750 switchstack, so that if a switch in the stack were to fail, my infrastructure will still have connectivity to MARS via the other switch in the stack.

For our environment, we cannot lose connectivity to our MARS appliances.

gotcha, that's a good point and I never considered that angle. AFAIK, Cisco/MARS expects the interfaces to be on separate networks, so I would be surprised if that was even on the roadmap.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: