Routing calls on calling ID

michaelzhq
Level 2
Level 2

Environment:

CCM 6.1/Unity 5.0

T1 PRI with 2851 router

Requirement:

Customer has an 1-888 number. All calls to this number are sent to a T1 PRI in Head office, but their regional offices are across the country. Customer would a solution to route the incoming calls to different city's offices based on caller id(area code), for example, all the calls with Vancouver or Calgary area codes will be routed to Edmonton office. The calls with Montreal or Toronton area codes will be routed to Tonronto office Is it possible to do this without IPCC?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

3 Replies 3

Hello,

I dont believe that call manager has the ability to route calls based on the calling party number. Perhaps someone else can chime in and give you a more definitive answer, but I believe the answer is no, and that you would probably need an IPCC to accomplish this.

Hope that helped.

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you using MGCP or H.323 ? The basic technique for the latter is as follows:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_configuration_example09186a00801c0a88.shtml

but you would apply the DP at reverse, that is having answer-address on the incoming pots DP, mapping to outgoing voip DP.

There is a variation to this technique, that is using COR. That is done not manipulating the numbers but using COR to route on calling number.

Both achieve the same result and is matter of preference which to use.

If you are using MGCP I would not know what to suggest.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

michaelzhq
Level 2
Level 2

I just figure out a solution by using Routing Table in Unity.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: