cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Access point compatibility for 7921 wireless phone

paulmoriguchi
Level 1
Level 1

At our remote locations we currently use Motorola AP-5131 access points. We would like to integrate the 7921 wireless phone into the infrastructure of 7941 and 7906 phones and a single 2801 gateway. The access points use WPA for security and my question is: Will the 7921 phones work with the Motorola access points?

4 Replies 4

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I wouldn't see a problem using the 7921 with a Motorola access point. The 7921 is 802.11 compliant and supports WPA. I would recommend obtaining a 7921 and testing features such as roaming between access points, QoS, etc before fully deploying.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Hi friends,

Just to add another possible recommendation to those of Brandon's, is to check if you have Cisco Unified Wireless IP Phone 7921G Rest of World (-W, identified by Part Number: CP-7921G-W-K9, CP-7921G-WC-CH1-K9, CP-7921G-WE-CH1-K9). So if this is the case, you will have to be sure how to configure 802.11d support (protocol used to identify frecuency band and channels) in your Motorola APs.

I say this because I had connectivity problems between 7921G-W and Cisco APs that haven't been configured for 802.11d.

Best Regards,

- Adrián.

Thanks for the advice. Looking through the configurable options on the Motorola 5131 I didn't see any way to configure 802.11d. But I will inquire with Motorola in regards to this issue.

Thanks for the reply and advice. We will be making a decision soon and the compatibility issue could be a deciding factor.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: