cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Message Store Error Starting

kc4ixi
Level 1
Level 1

I am receiveing this error when trying to run the message store configuration wizard from add remove programs or from the .exe file:

"error initializing named properties!"

Anyone have any ideas what is keeping it from running?

Thanks!

Robert

4 Replies 4

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Robert -

Two things I would check:

- Make sure you are using the unityinstall account

- Make sure the Exchange System Manager running on the Unity server is at the same version as your Exchange server.

- Is this Exchange 2003 or 2007? Also Unity version? If you are running either of the versions in this web link - you might be running into this problem - http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsd99610

Ginger

Thanks for your reply. I am using the unityinstall account. As for your other question, this is a Domino/unified messaging install so we are not using Exchange. The Unity version however is 5.0. I have implemented a lot of Unity/Exchange systems, however this is the first Unity/Domino one I have had to work on and I have no experience with Domino. I really appreciate your response! If you have any other suggestions please let me know.

Thanks!

Robert

Hi Robert -

I don't have any hands-on Domino experience so I will have to defer to our other experts.

Sorry, Ginger

No problem Ginger, I appreaciate your time!

In case anyone else runs into this type of problem, I found why the Message Store wizard would not run. For some reason the location of the .dll file for named properties was not where the wizard was looking. My install was done using the platform config discs and also Unity software CD's, however the .dll file was in d:/commerser/support/syscheck and the message store wizard was looking in d:/commerver/syscheck. I copied the syscheck folder up one level and everything worked fine.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: