cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CTIOS C++ CIL Vs Visual Studio 2005

bhaskar27in
Level 1
Level 1

We are using the CTIOS C++ CIL libraries to write an application with the Visual Studio 2005 environment. We are however, unable to build, since the compiler throws linker errors related to the lib files. We have tried using the Visual Studio 2003 environment for the same project and are able to build the code successfully. The CTIOS programmers guide does not have any information about the C++ CIL libraries support in VS 2005. It only says that All C++ applications using C++ CIL 7.1(1) must be built using Visual Studio .NET. Applications using C++ CIL 7.1(1) built with Visual C++ 6.0 are not supported. Kindly throw light on this issue.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Riccardo Bua
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

The C++ CIL 7.0 (C++ class libraries) have not been tested with the new compiler in VS .NET 2005, so if you use C++ CIL with it neither TAC or DE will support them.

This might change with CTIOS 7.5, will get the documentation updated to reflect it.

Regards,

Riccardo

View solution in original post

CTI OS 7.5 (along with ICM/CCE 7.5) is planned to be available in Q3CY08. It will support VB2005 for C++ and .NET.

Regards,

Willem Evert Nijenhuis

CCBU Product Management

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Riccardo Bua
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

The C++ CIL 7.0 (C++ class libraries) have not been tested with the new compiler in VS .NET 2005, so if you use C++ CIL with it neither TAC or DE will support them.

This might change with CTIOS 7.5, will get the documentation updated to reflect it.

Regards,

Riccardo

Riccardo,

Because the document does not contain anything specific to the C++ CIL with VS 2005 it may cost some one a great deal. Request you to expedite the reflection of this in the CTIOS Programmers guide.

Thanks for the clarification,

-Bhaskar.

Riccardo,

However I would like to know, what is the tentative release date for the 7.5?

Thank You,

-Bhaskar

No specific release yet date that I could share on the Forum, please contact your sales rep for a direct answer.

Regards,

Riccardo

CTI OS 7.5 (along with ICM/CCE 7.5) is planned to be available in Q3CY08. It will support VB2005 for C++ and .NET.

Regards,

Willem Evert Nijenhuis

CCBU Product Management

Hi Willem,

Nice to hear from you.

I am not sure if I understood you. VB2005?

Regards,

-Bhaskar.

Typo. Visual Studio 2005.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: