cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM upgrade from 6.1.1 to 6.1.2

hauchinango
Level 3
Level 3

I am attempting an upgrade from 6.1.1 to 6.1.2.

I have not found any docs on the procedure, only release notes. Can anybody provide me with the doc or step by step procedure?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Step 1 Install the new version of Unified CM on the publisher. Do not reboot.

Step 2 Install the new version of Unified CM on all subscribers simultaneously. Do not reboot.

Step 3 Reboot only the publisher. Switch to the new version of Unified CM and allow some time for the database to initialize.

Step 4 Reboot the TFTP server(s) one at a time. Switch to the new version of Unified CM and wait for the configuration files to be rebuilt before upgrading any further servers in the cluster.

Step 5 Reboot the dedicated music on hold (MoH) server(s) one at a time. Switch to the new version of Unified CM.

Step 6 Reboot the backup subscriber(s) one at a time. Switch to the new version of Unified CM. This step might impact some users if 50/50 load balancing is implemented.

Step 7 Fail-over the devices from the primary subscribers to their backups.

Step 8 Reboot the primary subscriber(s) one at a time. Switch to the new version of Unified CM.

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The release notes I believe have how to upgrade it. If not, this is the same basic concept of how to upgrade.

http://cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/cucos/6_1_1/cucos/iptpch7.html

Click on Software upgrade/install

Select your source/file/login, etc

Click next

it will start the upgrade.

Do this on the PUBLISHER first, after the publisher is done, do the same on the Subscriber. ONe Subscriber at a t time. (thanks rob!)

hope this helps

hi

what do u mean by reboot, then switch version? i choosed switch version then it automatically reboot . or i need to do reboot after install then switch version? . could u explain pls. what about tftp do we need to restart the TFTp service on the servers?

what's the active version? if it's already 6.1(2) then that's it

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: