cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Directory Number Database Confusion

greg.dufault
Level 1
Level 1

I have call manager 6.0 running on a publisher and subscriber. Things are generally working as advertised except for one problem with duplicate directory numbers (DNs).

The problem appears to come up when I get a request to move a DN from one site to another. The process I follow is:

1. add the DN to the requested phone

2. assign the DN on the new phone to the new partition

3. go back to the original phone and remove (dis-associate) the DN from it.

This process appears to create two DN instances in the database, one with the new partition, one with the old partition.

When I go back and clean up (delete) the orphaned DN I get and error (Unmapped Exception null) but the record appears to get deleted.

Has any body else seen this behavior?

Is there a different procedure I should be following to move DNs?

Is there a database maintenance procedure I should be running?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

You may check CSCsk07400 and CSCsj95732 which are duplicated bugs you may upgrade to latest 6.1.2

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

You may check CSCsk07400 and CSCsj95732 which are duplicated bugs you may upgrade to latest 6.1.2

That's not exactly the behavior I'm seeing but it's close enough to call it highly probable. Thanks for the help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: