cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Replaceable Parameters

tgergely
Level 1
Level 1

In the past I have found a couple of useful replaceable parameters. For example, I can use the archive subcommand "path tftp://10.1.1.1/&h-&t.cfg". This will facilitate saving the configuration to a TFTP and will use the switch or router Hostname-Date:Time.cfg-x as the file name. My question is, where can I find a list of all of the existing replaceable parameters similar to $h and $t?

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The only two special character sequences used in config archive are $h (or $H) and $t (or $T). Any occurrence of ' ' or '*' is replaced by '-'.

Thanks for the speedy response. I have also seen some usage of the $ in other places - such as $(hostname) in the "banner motd" command. Is there any documentation of other variables of this type in general and not just with respect to the archive and banner commands?

I haven't found any general documentation for all available replaceable variables. Such a thing would be useful, though.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: