Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.6 Job Approval

v_saru
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

The NetConfig job approve option seems to come active as soon as you open the link from the e-mail, but then goes grayed out immediately. I am on the Approver list. Any suggestions???

Thank you.

12 Replies 12

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please post a screenshot illustrating the exact problem you're seeing. What version of Common Services is this? Is this server integrated with ACS?

It is Common Services 3.0.6 and yes it is integrated with ACS 4.0. I also noticed while checking the CS version ACS related warning for System Identity Account.

I have attached screen shots.

Thank you.

You need to fix the System Identity problem. Make sure this user is properly defined in ACS, and has been given ALL CiscoWorks roles for ALL managed devices.

Also, re-verify your account's configuration. Make sure you have approver access for RME. Check your ACS group, and see what role you have for RME. Then, check the Shared Profile Components to make sure that role has the necessary tasks allowed.

The System Identity User is assigned to a privilelaged group to which Network Admins belong. This group has a custom role "CW Super User" assigned to all CW applications. the "CW Super User" role has every single permission available on the Shared Profile Components page for RME.

I do know the Job Approval worked earlier - not sure if it was prior to ACS integration or not. Is there anything else I can check for System Identity user as it is using the group settings for permission?

Thanks again.

The System Identity User must have every permissions under EVERY LMS application. Verify that this is the case. Then, do the same verification for your username. Make sure you have RME > Job Management > Job Approval task enabled.

I am not sure if I am missing something here. The permission is not assigned to individual user. System Identity account and admin users are part of a group and using group setting. Attached is the screenshot where the CW components are all set to use custom role "CWSuperUser" and this role has all permissions set for any CiscoWorks component.

But what group is YOUR user in?

The user who is approving the job is in the same group as the System Identity user and assigned all privileges to all devices. This is the group to which the access permissions in the screenshot apply.

Go to Common Services > Server > Security > System Identity Setup, and make sure the correct user is still the System Identity User. You should also re-validate your ACS integration options in LMS.

It suddenly occurred to me that you may no longer be configured as an approver in RME. Go to RME > Admin > Approval > Approver Details, and make sure you username shows up there with the appropriate email address. The username must match exactly how it is configured in ACS.

RME > Admin > Approval > Approver Details showed all the names I initially had added including System Identity user. However, when I clicked the "Synchronize with Common Services" button it lost a few. So, there seems to be some inconsistency and I need to look in to it further. Thanks for the pointer and I will update what I find.

I switched to Non-ACS mode and back to ACS mode and the Job Approval function seems to work now. This could have been a permission issue as there was some domain migration going on along with IP changes that could have contributed.

Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: