Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring IPM collectors

cmartinvalle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to configure IPM collectors. First of all, I import the devices and them I create the collectors but the graphs are allways empty.

I suspect that IP SLA are not configured in the devices. For having them configured, is it necessary to check the "copy IP SLA configuration to running config" in the IPM admin tab?

Thank you very much.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The source devices require no configuration other than SNMP. IPM will do the rest. The target devices which are to be responder devices for things like jitter probes will require you to enable the IP SLA responder:

rtr responder

or:

ip sla monitor responder

or:

ip sla responder

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of IPM is this? You do not need to copy the IP SLA configuration to the running config for collectors to work. If the collectors were properly configured on the devices, a show ip sla conf or show ip sla monitor conf, or show rtr conf should allow you to verify their current state.

Hi Joe,

the IPM version is 4.0.1.

But, configuring the collectors on the devices can be done from the IPM module or is it necessary to execute any command inside the devices?

Thanks a lot.

The source devices require no configuration other than SNMP. IPM will do the rest. The target devices which are to be responder devices for things like jitter probes will require you to enable the IP SLA responder:

rtr responder

or:

ip sla monitor responder

or:

ip sla responder