Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unified Mobility Vs Cisco Unified Mobility Advantage

shahedvoicerite
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have looked at the docs of both the products briefly, but cant seem to come to a conclusion if

A) CUMA is a superset of CUM

OR

B) CUM and CUMA provide similar features (with the added capability of CUMC smart client on Blackberry) but CUMA is not a full superset of CUM.

Can anyone please clarify ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No it doesnt. Both are two independent products and completely different features. To make CUM work, you need to purchase Callmanager 6 (as its bundled in the CM6 software itself). To enable CUM functionality for every phone you will need extra DLUs.

CUMA is a separate product which you will have to purchase if you want its features. Currently CUMA requires the advantage and proxy softwares to be run on two different servers, but this is going away soon and will merge into one server.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

bwilmoth
Level 5
Level 5

Cisco unified mobility :

Cisco Unified Mobility makes Cisco Mobile Connect services available to Cisco Unified Communications Manager users who want to consolidate all their business calls with a single enterprise IP phone number and immediately connect wherever they are working. Enterprise customers now need only a single phone number to reach enterprise workers and the enterprise can provide more responsive service with no additional effort. For enterprise mobile workers, Cisco Unified Mobility also reduces the burden of having to share their private mobile phone number and having to check for business calls in their mobile voicemail box.

Csic unified mobility advantage:

Cisco Unified Mobility Advantage is the server in the enterprise that Cisco Unified Mobile Communicator clients connect to, via a Proxy Server. Cisco Unified Mobility Advantage is deployed behind the enterprise firewall and serves as the integration point for all enterprise services.

Cisco Unified Mobility Advantage consists of two servers:

•Cisco Unified Mobility Advantage Enterprise Server

•Cisco Unified Mobility Advantage Proxy Server

To add to the above post,

CU Mobility Advantage requires that you load the CUMC (Mobile Communicator) on supported phones such as Blackberry (Symbian and Windows Mobile will be coming soon). This software let you check how many calls you received at the office phone, update your presence status (if you are on a call etc)- provided you are on a 3G network, access to Corporate directory etc..

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

Thanks, but I am still at a loss to see

it from a "feature" perspective.

Does CUMA provide the same features as CUM ?

i.e Does CUMA also provivde Cisco Mobile Connect services ?

Simply put, would I need to purchase both products, or could I get the fetures of CUM, if I simply purchase CUMA ?

Thanks

No it doesnt. Both are two independent products and completely different features. To make CUM work, you need to purchase Callmanager 6 (as its bundled in the CM6 software itself). To enable CUM functionality for every phone you will need extra DLUs.

CUMA is a separate product which you will have to purchase if you want its features. Currently CUMA requires the advantage and proxy softwares to be run on two different servers, but this is going away soon and will merge into one server.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: