cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 6.1.1 Server not active

hauchinango
Level 3
Level 3

I have a CUCM cluster mocked in the lab ready for production with one exception.

The scenario: 1 Pub and 2 Subs. I am licensed for 3 servers.

When all three servers are up, the phones do not show the pub as an acive or standby CCM. The phones register to a sub as the active CCM, and the other sub shows as standby.

If I power down one of the subs, the pub then becomes a standby.

Is this normal behaviour? If not, any ideas as to what needs to be done to correct this?

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kapil Atrish
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

That's a normal behaviour. The IP Phone talks to primary and one standby CCM server. Any territory server comes into play only when one of them is offline.

Your CCM group would be having Sub1, Sub2 and lastly Pub that's why your are seeing Sub1 and 2 as active/standby and Pub neither active nor standby. If you want to see Pub as active, make it the first choice in CCM group. Keep in mind that's going to have all your IP Phones hooked onto Pub which is not a good practise in large deployment.

thanks,

inner_silence

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hy hauchinango!

how does your Callmanager Group Config look like??

Are there all 3 Callmanager?

Is this Callmanger Group assigned to your Device Pool

http://www.cisco.or.at/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/5_1_3/ccmcfg/b02devpl.html

This is for 5.1(3) but i think in 6 it will be the same

http://www.cisco.or.at/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/5_1_3/ccmcfg/b02cmgrp.html

Is the Callmanger Service and all the other Services activated??

Florian,

Yes, the CallManger Group is configured to have all three servers. This works fine on our production 4.1.3 servers.

I did the DMA tool and installed on new hardware in the lab. That is when I noticed this problem.

As far as the services, ccm is started on all. What is odd is that if only two servers are active in the cluster, the Pub is fine. Only when all three are on line does it show the pub as not active.

Kapil Atrish
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

That's a normal behaviour. The IP Phone talks to primary and one standby CCM server. Any territory server comes into play only when one of them is offline.

Your CCM group would be having Sub1, Sub2 and lastly Pub that's why your are seeing Sub1 and 2 as active/standby and Pub neither active nor standby. If you want to see Pub as active, make it the first choice in CCM group. Keep in mind that's going to have all your IP Phones hooked onto Pub which is not a good practise in large deployment.

thanks,

inner_silence