Problem between CUPS and CUPC when they are in different vlan

Unanswered Question
Jun 12th, 2008

For information, CUPS and CUPC are assigned to different vlan: CUPS is in Management vlan and CUPC is in data vlan and IP Phone is in voice vlan.

However it seem that there are very much delay between CUPS and CUPC like change status or even IM between CUPC.

But when I try change CUPC to be on the same vlan as CUPS (Management vlan), it work fine, no more delay.

I'm now using SW3750 to manage the vlan.

What could really be the cause?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Loading.
jaruneesup Sun, 06/15/2008 - 19:13

To all who may concern,

It's an emergency. I need this problem to be solve before July as I am going to start with the customer production. There are even more vlan to be implemented than that of my test scenerio.

I even have try upgrade the Presence server to ver 6.0(2) now, but the problem still occurred.

If anyone have come across this problem or could think of any possibility, please do post some suggestion.

Thank you in advance.

kinwai Mon, 06/16/2008 - 00:43

hey, i faced such issues before and tried to look thru the log files. Basically it's something to do with your DNS lookup.

I forget which exact log file was it but it's somewhere from the CUPC software folder

This is what i found out :

*** INFO LCWabiAccount - (WABIMSG_ACCTINFO) acct SLOT 0 - CUPS ([email protected]) (0x01deb8c8), URI=sip:[email protected], instance=52, proxy=10.205.6.11:5060, reg=true, pres=true, SL=false, KPML=false, CiscoKeepAlive=false

*** INFO LCWabiAccount - (WABIMSG_ACCTINFO) acct SLOT 1 - CCM ([email protected]) (0x01dfee00), URI=sip:[email protected], instance=69, proxy=10.205.6.10, reg=false, pres=false, SL=false, KPML=true, CiscoKeepAlive=false

Basically there's slot 0 & slot 1. Your delay is cause by SLOT 0 fails, so it will resend via SLOT 1 , this delay is roughly around 1 minutes (the timeout period)

To solve the problem, basically you need to make sure that your user's PC is able to resolve this "poc.local", it seems like some sort of bug to me, which i can't really explain why

during this poc setup, we provision our own poc dns server but customers are pointing to their own DNS

all i did was to do a forwarder in the POC DNS server to customer's DNS server, it started working (but the customer's DNS server don't even have a "poc.local" entry.)

Actions

This Discussion