Recording step terminate

Answered Question
Jun 12th, 2008

Hi,

is there any option for ending the CRS recording step without the need for the caller to press # or some other button? So when the caller ends the call, the recording step would stop. Is there any way to achieve this?

Regards,

Marko

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by mmelbourne about 8 years 6 months ago

You can you the ContactInactive exception to trap the caller ending the call without pressing '#' and then continue with the script to process the WAV file.

Attached is an example script for IPCCX 4.0(5) which send the recording as an e-mail.

Please rate helpful posts!

Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Chavdar_Baramov Thu, 06/12/2008 - 23:02

There is a Tab in the Recording step - Filter there is Duration field where you put the max time for recording.

markotisler Thu, 06/12/2008 - 23:39

Yes, but what happens if the caller wants to leave a message, he forgets to press # and he doesnt wait for the max. duration of recording to expire to end but just drops the handset. Will the call still get recorded?

Regards,

Marko

markotisler Fri, 06/13/2008 - 00:04

Well i tried it, but the call only gets recorded if the caller presses #. If he doesnt, there is no recording (resulting document is empty).

Regards,

Marko

Chavdar_Baramov Fri, 06/13/2008 - 00:09

What you have on successful branch?

You need at Recording step> General >Result document a identifier.

Than you have to place at successful branch a Write document with the identifier (specified at record step) and output file name.

markotisler Fri, 06/13/2008 - 00:26

Thats pretty much what i have. Before the Write Document step i check whether the Document is null or not. When the caller doesnt press #,

the resulting document of the Recording step is null. If he presses #, it works.

Regards,

Marko

Chavdar_Baramov Fri, 06/13/2008 - 00:42

Here i add attachment with my records. They have different length and I`m sure that callers do not press # for termination.

SO i asume you have something set wrong in your script and we have to find it.

First: What value do you have in REcord>Input>Maximum retries

Second:Did You tried to add write document on unsuccessfull branch? I dont have it but it may worth a try.

Attachment: 
markotisler Fri, 06/13/2008 - 00:48

Max. retries=3. I also tried unsuccessful branch, but the recorded document always ends up being null.

Regards,

Marko

Correct Answer
mmelbourne Fri, 06/13/2008 - 00:50

You can you the ContactInactive exception to trap the caller ending the call without pressing '#' and then continue with the script to process the WAV file.

Attached is an example script for IPCCX 4.0(5) which send the recording as an e-mail.

Please rate helpful posts!

Attachment: 
markotisler Fri, 06/13/2008 - 01:15

Cheers, it started working with ContactInactive exception trap. However, i do not have this step available in the editor and would like to know more about different traps. Any useful info on traps anywhere?

Thanks and regards,

Marko

Actions

This Discussion