Views
Helpful
Replies

AAA/RADIUS

brobinson
Level 1
Level 1

Hey there -

Trying to have CS-MARS 5.3 authenticate users via our Cisco ACS instead of locally on the box. For some reason, when I configure the AAA server, the authentication is successful, but when I apply it, when I logout and attempt to log back in, it does not work and nothing appears on the ACS.

Any ideas?

4 Replies 4

Farrukh Haroon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

When you logout and login back again, what error do you specifically see after you enter your credentials and hit the login button?

Also can you let me know your exact MARS version?

I know the configuration is pretty simple, but just try to compare your configurations with the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/public/news_training/itsnews/tech/chalktalk/200711.html

Regards

Farrukh

Hi! Thanks for the reply.

Error when logging in is, "Login Failure"

v5.3.2

Ben

Hello Ben, You could consider the following:

1) Clear the browser cache/cookies, if its happening on only one machine.

2) Have you considered upgrading to the latest release? I think they released v5.3.5 last week.

3) You could increase the logging level in MARS and then see what exactly is going wrong. However if you have TAC-Support I would go ahead and open a case, considering AAA support was just introduced one minor version before the release you are currently running.

Also are you using ACS or MS IAS?

Regards

Farrukh

Hi!

It is happening on all machines.

We have not upgraded yet, but planned to do that before the install is complete.

Also, a TAC case has been filed.

We are using ACS v3.3..

Thanks!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: