Views
Helpful
Replies

CCME/AIM-CUE - external calls to voicemail are not saved

fast.michel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we're having problems with our CCME/AIM-CUE setup. When external callers leave a message in the voicemail system these messages are not saved so the end-user never gets them Voicemails left from internal extensions or from other offices work fine.

Equipment used:

Cisco 2821 - IOS 12.4(15)T5 Adv. IP services

AIM-CUE : Unity Express 3.1.2

Attached are excerpts from the CCME and Unity configurations.

Any help would be much appreciated as I haven't been able to find out what is causing this problem.

kind regards,

Michel

2 Replies 2

ivillegas
Level 6
Level 6

Check your codec on the gateway's dial peer. You should specify the codec under the dial peer. If it doesn't show up in the config after you type it in, it was the default. If it does show up, then it wasn't the default and you have to save yourself at troubleshooting time. Always specify the codec on the router.

Hi,

I've checked the codecs and specified new codecs on the external gateway dial-peer.

Unfortunately I still get the same problem. When calling in I'm asked to leave a message; I leave a message but the owner of the voicemail mailbox never recieves the message. He gets "no new messages" when checking his voicemail.

Here is the configuration of the voice codecs and dial-peers used for external calls and voicemail:

voice class codec 1

codec preference 1 g711ulaw

codec preference 2 g711alaw

codec preference 3 g729r8

dial-peer voice 1 voip

translation-profile outgoing ReplaceCallingNumber

destination-pattern 0.T

rtp payload-type nte 102

voice-class codec 1

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:200.170.136.211

dtmf-relay rtp-nte

!

dial-peer voice 80100 voip

translation-profile outgoing ReplaceCallingNumber

destination-pattern 801..

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:172.21.68.2

dtmf-relay sip-notify

codec g711ulaw

no vad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: