Views
Helpful
Replies

AXL query

richou68000
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a problem, I want to display on my form the phone's description instead of the SEP address.

This is my code :

<%

var phones = axlquery("listPhoneByDescription", "<searchString>%richard%</searchString>", callManager, callManagerUserId, callManagerPassword);

//var phones = axlquery("listPhoneByName", "<searchString>SEP%</searchString>", callManager, callManagerUserId, callManagerPassword);

var xmlDoc = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.DOMDocument");

xmlDoc.loadXML(phones);

var objNodeList = xmlDoc.selectNodes("//name");

for (i=0; i<objNodeList.length; i++)

{

Response.Write("<option>"+objNodeList.item(i).text+"</option>");

}

%>

I think that this line can be the problem but I'm not sure :

xmlDoc.selectNodes("//name");

Somebody can help me?

6 Replies 6

Sascha Monteiro
Level 6
Level 6

hi,

I think the listPhoneByDescription only gives you the flexibility to search by description,

i.e. to filter.

As far is I could see in the axlapi schema, the return always has the same phone fields, name/product/model...

I think you have to do a executeSQLQuery and then retrieve name/description

(what is happening in the next step of your app?)

Hi,

After I need to find the IP address of the phone thanks to the "devicelistx.asp" in order to send a text message to a phone which is selected on a form.

ok, so you can do what I advised in my previous post, use the description as text for the select item, and pass the name to your next step

Hi,

Have you an idea of how I can make this? I'm a novice with this method and I don't know how can I do this.

Regards,

Hi,

Have you an idea of how I can make this? I'm a novic with this method.

Well, let's try to help you help yourself then.

What do you understand about the APIs, and which commands do you think you need to use and why?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: