cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BACKUP ICM

webstd.design
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any other solution like http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1001/products_tech_note09186a0080192690.shtml

Can anybody help me with the solution for backup ICM?

6 Replies 6

Riccardo Bua
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

yes there are several different options, the technote was used as a sample on how to run a backup with the standard tools provided by the solution, since there are no specific third party a/o requirements for the backup you could select the one that best fit your customer environemnts(basically Cisco is not certifying specific third parties on this).

Regards,

Riccardo

We use the SQL 2000 backup, which is described step by step here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1001/products_tech_note09186a00802d5e98.shtml

HTH

To add to the previous good posts on backing up ICM components, there are some recommendations on processes that may be followed for backing up the ICM products. Some of the recommendations here include:

* Call Routers, Peripheral Gateways, AWS-non-database machines that have no local “data” stored on them that changes frequently should have their registry and local software files backed up after any major changes.

* Loggers, WVDB, AWS-HDS-database machines that hold the system historical data should be backed up on a regular basis using tape or network disk storage. Nightly backups are highly recommended.

* Use a backup for the servers such as third party imaging or ghost software that allows for easy restore of system “image”.

* Use a backup system that will allow you to have good database backups of both Loggers and HDS server database because they can only be restored to the same database in the event of a failure; (HDS #1's data can only be restored to HDS #1 because of the recovery keys in the actual data as it is written.

* For performance reasons, it is recommended that backups be performed outside of business hours or during periods of lowest activity.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Michael.

And what about Cisco security Agent? If I'm using this tool, what should I do before backup ICM?

I would love to hear otherwise, but, when using the SQL built-in backup tool you have to disable CSA. Therefore, you cannot schedule SQL to be backed up.

Therefore, I suggest using a product like Veritas or other 3rd Party backup tools that can be installed in the “%:\Program Files\ICM_CSA_CustomerApps" directory. CSA will not affect any apps run from this directory.

adignan - CDW Berbee

*please rate helpful posts

The CSA Install Guide has some good information, including which directories CSA expects the different antivirus software and SQL to be installed.

For SQL backup on the logger, the doc states:

Logger Backup

If the Logger is running Cisco Security Agent, then the SQL Server backup process is constrained to write the backup files to a directory with path restrictions. This approach improves security on these servers. The backup process should only write to a directory path which matches the following:

**\MSSQL\BACKUP\**

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/icm_enterprise/icm_enterprise_7_2/configuration/guide/icme72ci.pdf

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Michael.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: