cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS and NTP

pmccubbin
Level 5
Level 5

I have all my WAEs configured for NTP with a router acting as the Master NTP server. This all appears to work fine when I check the clocks from the CLI. They all show UTC -5.

My question is why do the Connection Statistic reports on the Central Manager appear in GMT? The reports are 5 hours different from the times reported in the CLI. Application acceleration and Caching are working just as expected.

Thanks in advance for any tips as to where to troubleshoot.

4 Replies 4

Zach Seils
Level 7
Level 7

Paul,

The default is to display the reports in CM local time. What WAAS version are you running?

Zach

Zach,

Thanks for the reply. This was version 4.0.17 software installed on a WAE-512 acting as a Central Manager. The other WAEs were 71xxs running the same software.

It was the strangest thing and no number of reboots or changing the NTP settings in the Device Groups could get it to change. The CLI said one thing and the Connection Statistics reports on the CM said something else.

And just to clarify, you have NTP configured on the CM itself?

Thanks,

Zach

Yes, NTP is configured on the CM itself. I checked all of the WAEs from the CLI when I was troubleshooting this issue.

FYI, this was all attempted on demo equipment from the Cisco Depot which might have been dropped a few times. The Inline card wouldn't work either when I wanted to test it. I can verify that when I used WCCP on the WAEs application acceleration and caching worked fine, only the time issue.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: