CCNP Salary

Unanswered Question
Jun 13th, 2008

Hi,

As I have only worked in the public sector, I don't have much knowledge about the salaries for cisco certified professionals in the the private sectors.

I currently have CCNA and a Masters Degree in Computer Science.

What type salary can I expect in the private sector if I get my CCNP combined with 5+ years of LAN/WAN experience?

Thanks in advance.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Average Rating: 1 (1 ratings)
jim_berlow Fri, 06/13/2008 - 08:42

Wow - there are a lot of factors here. Things like what salaries are like in your area, the number and type of companies in your area, etc.

The fact that you have a Master's degree should help significantly and should help you command a much better salary than just having a CCNP.

So it is difficult to say here what your salary expectations should be without knowing more about you and where you are applying. However, there are a number of salary surveys out there that I recommend that you look at. Notably - look at certmag.com which publishes a yearly salary survey each December. You will need to look in the archives to find the last one, but that should give you a starting point for your area.

HTH,

Jim

sirdudesly Fri, 06/13/2008 - 17:48

Also depends where you live, here in Australia you see positions from about AU$65k all the way to about AU$130k advertised on job sites.

reazulhuq Mon, 06/16/2008 - 06:36

Thanks all for your reply. I am in Dallas, Texas.

I have looked into the survey and it's pretty good.

I was also hoping if some of you can share your personal experience on getting any salary increase after doing the CCNP.

Thanks.

joaquin48 Fri, 09/26/2008 - 06:39

I would say in texas you could probably make around 70 grand per year or more with a CCNP,

You just have to look well for the correct opportunity,

Good luck,

Joaquin

jim_berlow Wed, 10/01/2008 - 20:01

In the NW, a CCNP can expect between 90 and 115K. Granted housing is expensive on the west coast (which probably explains the discrepancy with the rates given in Texas).

I would start with those salary surveys and then adjust to your locale.

Good luck,

Jim

joaott1974 Fri, 03/30/2012 - 08:22

Impressive the difference between countries.

I have CCNP since 2005 and finishing my CCNP Security .In Portugal a good salary for  this certification is about 1500-2000€ /month .According to the legal employee law this means that a company needs to pay 14 salaries x 2000€ = 28.000€ / year .And there are a lot of people earning 500€/month in less specialized jobs.

Now all the people is going to say - "yea! ok but cost of life in Portugal is lower".But i dont think that much.

A common flat in Lisbon costs about 150.000€ - 200.000€ . A medium car about 20.000€ , 1 liter of milk 0.89€ , 1 liter petrol 1.74€ , and so on.

Thats why people complain , and specialized employees get out of this country.And mi really thinking about doing the same.

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted June 13, 2008 at 5:32 AM
Stats:
Replies:9 Avg. Rating:1
Views:11589 Votes:0
Shares:0
Tags: No tags.

Discussions Leaderboard