cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unidentified callers in Unity

olhcc
Level 1
Level 1

Recently, after we upgraded successfully to Unity 5.0.1, the bahavior of unidentified callers within Outlook has changed. We use Exchange 2003/Outlook 2003.

Now, when a caller from outside our enterprise calls, we get the 10-digit calling number, as desired (user sees a new email with "Message from 1234567890." However, when an unidentified caller from outside out enterprise calls, the user sees "Message from ".

I went into the Advanced Settings tool, and tried to customize the behavior of unidentified callers. The problem is that Unity classifies everyone from outside the enterprise as unidentified. So if I change the bahavior to just say "Message from Unidentified Caller," as opposed to "Message from %CALLERID%" within the AST, everyone that calls in from outside is shown as Unidentified Caller. This means that all calls from outside show up as "Message from Unidentified Caller."

How do I tell Unity, via the AST, to show us (in the Outlook subject line) the 10-digit calling number for regular calls (Message from 1234567890), and show us "Message from Unidentified Caller" for only those calls that are passed to us without any calling party data?

1 Reply 1

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

I customized this on our 4.2(1) system in AST to say, "Voice Message from an unidentified caller (%CALLERID%)", so that when the caller's PBX didn't send information to CUCM, it would still look OK in Outlook. We also notified our customers of this change via online training. Another way to do this is to put ""Voice Message from an outside caller (%CALLERID%)", and then you are covered either way.

Ginger

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: