cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless AP 1231 won't boot from the image!

misramanish
Level 1
Level 1

It gives a "error loading flash:imagename" error and goes to a default ap: prompt. The image on the system may be corrupt. How do I configure this ap to boot to another better image?

Thanks!

10 Replies 10

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Thanks, but I tried this method and it says "error: failed to open archive file tftp://255.255.255.255/filename (file renamed to end in default). At this point, it loads the lwapp based IOS.

is this a ios or lwapp ap?

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

was lwapp and has lwapp code in flash (c1200-rcvk9w8-mx). After setting the boot cmd to boot from flash to the lwapp code, it comes to a default (mac address) prompt. Is it now ready for lwapp or ready to be upgraded to IOS?

But the red light on the AP keeps on flashing meaning something is wrong?

That doesn't seem good..... What you should do is power down the ap and console into the ap also. Press the mode button down and plug the ap in and hold the mode button for 20 seconds. Release the mode button and post what the log shows.

-Scott

I guess my requirements have changed a lil bit. So, if I need to make an autonomous AP become a LWAPP AP, is this what I do:

Make sure there is an IOS code in flash on the AP, then get the c1200-rcvk9w8-mx code through a tftp server and load it on the AP? Do I then keep or delete the IOS code? Check the MIC records and if there are any, I'm good?

Thx!

Follow this doc... it will give you enough info on how to upgrade from autonomous to lwapp.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/conversion/lwapp/upgrade/guide/lwapnote.html

-Scott

Thx, but the document refers to the upgrade tool and I am not able (or permitted) to use the tool. Is there no other way this can be accomplished manually?

I guess I need to rephrase my question:

To Lwapp a 1231 AP which is running IOS code 12.3(7) on it, should I just tftp the c1200-rcvk9w8-mx to it, and then set boot system flash to this new file?

Is that it?

Thx!

You need to download the Upgrade tool to convert the AP you have. TFTF will not work. Follow the readme file for instructions on how to upgrade.

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card