Views
Helpful
Replies

class-map + IP precedence

balsheikh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I'm configuring my router to guaranteed minimum bandwidth of 512K for all traffic leaving E0/0 of R3 with IP Precedence 2.

solution I:

On R3

class-map match-all Pr2

match input-interface Ethernet0/0

match ip precedence 2

policy-map P1

class Pr2

bandwidth 512

interface Ethernet0/0

service-policy output P1

solution II:

on R3

all config the same except match precedence 2 instead of match ip precedence 2.

what's the diffrence between both statements!!

--> match ip precedence 2

--> match precedence 2

which solution is the most correct !!

appreciate any helpful inputs..

4 Replies 4

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

match precedence = matches both IPv4 & IPv6 packets

match ip precedence = matches IPv4 packets only.

One other thing. If you are matching traffic leaving e0/0 why the "match input-interface e0/0" ?

Jon

Hi Jon,

it make scenes now, do u thing "match input-interface e0/0" command isn't required to achieve the goal !!

Regards,

Belal

Belal,

You are trying to use congestion management method and the policy is applied to the e0/0 interface for doing outbound queuing. It's not properly to match inbound packets from the e0/0 interface.

Note: If the interface doesn't get congestion then the policy will not be applied.It's not easy to make the ethernetinterface to get congestion.Seems you need to use shaping and child-policy to beat this requirement.

HTH

Thot

Hi Thot,

u r right It's not easy to make the ethernet interface to get congestion but I just configured it for testing purpose to figure out if this is only required config commands to achieve the requirement.

it seems as u had said no need to match the physical interface.

many thx..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card