cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CWLMS 2.5 Missing CD - can it be replaced?

drumrb0y
Level 1
Level 1

In August 2004, I purchased the CiscoWorks LAN Management 2.2 (CWLMS-2.2-k9); we had a software maintenance contract at the time, but it has since lapsed.

I am trying to migrate the application to a new server, but I cannot locate the RME 4.0 w/May 2005 Updates CD for Windows (I have the Solaris CD); is anyone aware of Cisco being willing or able to replace missing CDs if the application is out of warranty and there are no support contracts?

TAC declined to open a case and sent me to the original vendor, but I wanted to know if there was any history of Cisco supporting a customer who only needed a replacement CD.

Thanks,

Marc

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you have a contract, you can re-order the CDs through http://www.cisco.com/upgrade/ . Without a contract, we have no way of knowing if you are supported. Since you did not purchase LMS 2.5 from Cisco, you should contact the original vendor.

Can backups be copied from the original CDs to avoid the $1,500 cost of replacing the entire set if lost?

I was told I would need to purchase a replacement set of all CDs to recoup the one lost; would Cisco hold the same policy if one were scratched or cracked?

I hope that some flexibility appears with my vendors soon...

You would have to replace the entire set. For customers under contract, we would simply RMA the whole bundle.

You are free to make backup copies of your CDs to avoid future loss or damage.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: